less_retarded_wikimain page, file list, single page HTML, source, report, wiki last updated on 03/31/23
Rocks and stones are natural formations of minerals that can be used to create the most primitive technology. Stone age was the first stage of our civilization; it was characterized by use of stone tools. Rock nerds are called geologists.
Rocks are pretty suckless and LRS because they are simple, they are everywhere, free and can be used in a number of ways such as:
- As a building material.
- For fun and entertainment, you can play various games with rocks: rock skipping, petanque, even chess.
- As weapons, even though we discourage this use.
- For making tools such as knives or hammers.
- To hold heat: you can e.g. heat stones in fire and let them heat you while you sleep or use them to cook something.
- For writing, some can be used as a chalk, some may be used to carve text into. A dust from some rocks can be used to make dye to paint or write with.
- As weights.
- For help with counting (e.g. abacus) -- this makes rocks a kind of computer!
- To make art, decorations, small statues etc.
- For breaking things, grinding, sharpening etc.
- With advanced technology we can get metals out of rocks, extract geological knowledge from them etc.
- Some rocks can be used to start fire.
- Some are pretty rare and can be used as a currency, even though we hate money and discourage this as well.
- As pets... apparently pet rocks are a thing :)
All content available under CC0 1.0 (public domain). Send comments and corrections to drummyfish at disroot dot org.