Welcome to my webpage. Here I keep and share some of my thoughts and files.
I keep it brief here and post more data over here.
The page is hosted on GitLab.
You can support me via LiberaPay, Patreon or PayPal.
Google umí překládat do češtiny.
- Migrated all my git repositories from GitHub to GitLab including this website because of the Micro$oft acquisition. #movingToGitLab #deleteGitHub
- Changed the website style to a minimalist single HTML file. No node.js, no PHP, no frameworks, less is more and life is short. The mind has to be clean.
My name is Miloslav Číž, I was born on 24 August 1990 and I live in Moravia, Earth. I have gotten my master's degree in computer science (computer graphics) at FIT BUT.
My online handles are tastyfish, drummy and drummyfish (sometimes also smellyfish, tasty, drumy and other variants). I once looked like this .
This repository holds more personal data about myself. I'm very open and keep only to bare minimum
privacy. The only data I won't tell you are directly exploitable ones, ones concerning the privacy of others and, because we still do not have the right
of free speech, some of my illegal opinions — though I may or may not be anonymously publishing these over at Tor.
- I don't drink alcohol.
- I am 100 % introverted (INTJ), according to tests.
- I don't have the sense of smell.
- I am a member of Mensa.
- I can't whistle.
- I am a fast caffeine metabolizer, meaning I can drink coffee before sleep.
- I am suffering from anxiety and depressions.
Contacts and social media:
Some things I like:
- computer science
- libre PC games
- Warcraft III
- Quake III
- Pink Floyd
- Lana Del Rey
- Linkin Park
- Led Zeppelin
- Deep Purple
- Karel Kryl
- Jaromír Nohavica
- Top Gear
- South Park
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Pulp Fiction
- The Last of the Mohicans
- The Old Man and the Sea
- social democracy
- Beautiful Mind
- command line
- free culture
- Creative Commons
- public domain
- Pirate Party
- Project Gutenberg
- The Pirate Bay
- basic income
- Richard Stallman
- Jimmy Wales
- Zdeněk Svěrák
- Jára da Cimrman
- pixel art
- ASCII art
- plain text
- platform independence
- Hello Internet
- freedom of speech
- Grammar Nazi
- friendship bracelets
- Karel Schwarzenberg
- Václav Havel
- graphic design
- Jiří Grygar
- Tomáš Halík
- esoteric programming languages
Some things I dislike:
- bad timekeeping
- proprietary software
- most actors
- most people
- the word "koukat"
- native language ignorance
- TV Nova
- misuse of the word "definition"
- Ashton Kutcher
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- game mods
- political correctness
- gay marriage/pride
- unsweetened chocolate
- code of conduct
- Czech Republic
- Elon Musk
- Game of Thrones
- selling information
- traffic violation
- intellectual property
- taxi drivers
- anything with "Unity" in its name
Here is a highlight of projects I made or contributed to. Many are unfinished and/or have flaws, but are part of my history.
For all projects see my contacts.
- OpenMW contrib.
- Game engine rewrite that taught me collaboration on a big codebase.
- Bombman (GH)
- 99% finished Bomberman game clone.
- Mage-Rage (GH)
- Early game of mine, won first prize in a competition.
- Steamer Duck (GH)
- School project game made with Python.
- Tower defense game for Arduboy.
- OpenMF (GH)
- Co-founded the project, am no longer active but learned a lot.
- Haskell game (GH)
- Ray casting FPS ASCII game I made to learn Haskell.
- ptdesigner (GH)
- Procedural texture library and tool made for my bachelor's thesis.
- My first rendering engine, a lot of valuable experience.
- Master's thesis work, demonstration of rendering of non-planar mirrors.
- Thesis DB (GH)
- Big database of Czech computer science theses.
- videos (YT)
- Videos I've made over the years.
- OGA art
- Various public domain game art I made that taught me many skills.
- Personal website, taught me a lot about web design over the years.
- Wave Simulator
- SoL Simulator
- GitViz (GH)
- Simple script to make animations of a Git repository file.
- 3D MIDI drum visualizer.
- distr. ray tracer
- School project, distributed ray tracer.
- ASM Minesweeper
- School project, minesweeper written in assembly and WINAPI.
- GUX Fractals
- School project, renders fractals.
- Brutal Sudoku
- Very early (high school) Pascal program for solving sudoku.
- Panda RPG
- Unfinished 3D RPG.
- Chess, high school graduation project.
- Procedural music generator.
- Simple musical instrument controlled with mouse, in Python.
Free and Open-Source Software
I greatly support free culture, FLOSS
and information freedom. I enjoy contributing to free culture, mainly by programming games. I also create public
Here is a list of software I am currently using:
- operating system
- Linux Mint
- text editor
- LaTeX, LibreOffice
- Internet Browser
- bitmap graphics editor
- vector graphics editor
- 3D editor
- video editor
- Blender, ffmpeg
- audio editor
- music editor
- screen recording
- Simple Screen Recorder
In this section I keep files from my old websites.
- This folder holds the many articles I have written, including my study summaries, my transition to Linux, status updates etc.
- This is what the previous website looked like.
The web has been changing over the years. I started at high school with plain HTML, later
added some PHP and CSS. I always made my own graphics and reworked the web several times.
When the PHP code became bloated, I switched over to Wordpress,
and after that to Pelican (the source is still
available here). After that I am
back to HTML. The circle is complete.
This page is released under CC BY-SA 4.0.