Welcome to my webpage. Here I keep and share some of my thoughts and files.
I keep it brief here and post more data (such as favorite links and configs) over here.
The page is hosted on GitLab.
Google umí překládat do češtiny.
Due to my long-time mental issues with depression and unwillingness to support unethical practices I am unable to make enough money for sustainable living. I am forced to slavery at a factory reception. I haven't been admitted any disability pension because I haven't yet attempted suicide, neither do I have a right for retirement pension because my slavery income does't cover social insurance.
My decision is to spend the time I have until becoming homeless by creating free, public domain software and art, for no pay. If you think I deserve food, you can support me via
- Migrated all my git repositories from GitHub to GitLab including this website because of the Micro$oft acquisition. #movingToGitLab #deleteGitHub
- Changed the website style to a minimalist single HTML file. No node.js, no PHP, no frameworks, less is more and life is short. The mind has to be clean.
My name is Miloslav Číž, I was born on 24 August 1990 and I live in Moravia, Earth. I have gotten my master's degree in computer science (computer graphics) at FIT BUT.
My online handles are tastyfish, drummy and drummyfish (sometimes also smellyfish, tasty, drumy and other variants). I once looked like this. More info about myself can be found here.
Some of my unpopular opinions are:
- Unemployment is desirable. The whole purpose of progress is to leave all work to machines. People who don't work, for whatever reason, must not be sentenced to death, as is still the case nowadays. Support universal basic income.
- Free speech has to be absolute. Holocaust denial should not be illegal.
- The whole concept of intellectual property is wrong, all information has to be in the public domain.
- Censorship is always wrong, possesion and sharing of any kind of information, including any type of pornography, has to be legal and moral. Not sharing information has to be immoral.
- War is always wrong. It is better to die than to kill.
- Proprietary games have to be completely rejected, they are the worst type of proprietary software because people are addicted to it like a drug and look for excuses to make it an exception to free society principles.
- Attribution is overrated and the requirement of attribution (e.g. by a license) is inherently wrong.
- I don't drink alcohol.
- I am 100 % introverted (INTJ), according to tests.
- I don't have the sense of smell.
- I am a member of Mensa.
- I can't whistle.
- I am a fast caffeine metabolizer, meaning I can drink coffee before sleep.
- I am suffering from anxiety and depressions.
Contacts and social media:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Some things I like:
- computer science
- computer graphics
- libre PC games
- Pokémon style
- Warcraft III style
- arena shooters
- Freedoom (game)
- Pink Floyd
- Linkin Park
- Led Zeppelin
- Deep Purple
- Karel Kryl
- Nohavica's music
- nonviolent resistance
- Top Gear
- South Park
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Pulp Fiction
- The Last of the Mohicans
- The Old Man and the Sea
- social anarchism
- social democracy
- democratic socialism
- Beautiful Mind
- command line
- free culture
- network federation
- Creative Commons
- public domain
- Pirate Party
- Julian Assange
- Godot engine
- Project Gutenberg
- The Pirate Bay
- universal basic income
- Richard Stallman
- David Attenborough
- Jimmy Wales
- Zdeněk Svěrák
- Jára da Cimrman
- hand-painted style
- pixel art
- ASCII art
- plain text
- platform independence
- Hello Internet
- freedom of speech
- Grammar Nazi
- small guns
- friendship bracelets
- Karel Schwarzenberg
- Václav Havel
- graphic design
- Jiří Grygar
- Eliyahu Rips
- Pope Francis
- Tomáš Halík
- esoteric programming languages
Some things I dislike:
- intellectual property
- moral rights
- bad timekeeping
- productivity cult
- proprietary software
- most actors
- most people
- the word "koukat"
- native language ignorance
- TV Nova
- misuse of the word "definition"
- Ashton Kutcher
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- political correctness
- gay marriage/pride
- unsweetened chocolate
- code of conduct
- Czech Republic
- Elon Musk
- Game of Thrones
- traffic violation
- taxi drivers
- anything with "Unity" in its name
Here is a highlight of projects I made or contributed to. Many are unfinished and/or have flaws, but are part of my history.
For all projects see my contacts.
- OpenMW contrib.
- Game engine rewrite that taught me collaboration on a big codebase.
- C raycasting engine for resource-limited computers.
- Bombman (GH)
- 99% finished Bomberman game clone.
- Mage-Rage (GH)
- Early game of mine, won first prize in a competition.
- Steamer Duck (GH)
- School project game made with Python.
- Tower defense game for Arduboy.
- OpenMF (GH)
- Co-founded the project, am no longer active but learned a lot.
- Haskell game (GH)
- Ray casting FPS ASCII game I made to learn Haskell.
- ptdesigner (GH)
- Procedural texture library and tool made for my bachelor's thesis.
- My first rendering engine, a lot of valuable experience.
- Master's thesis work, demonstration of rendering of non-planar mirrors.
- Thesis DB (GH)
- Big database of Czech computer science theses.
- videos (YT)
- Videos I've made over the years.
- OGA art
- Various public domain game art I made that taught me many skills.
- WM Commons files
- Files I have created for Wikimedia Commons.
- Minetest texture pack
- High-res hand-painted public domain texture pack for Minetest.
- Personal website, taught me a lot about web design over the years.
- Wave Simulator
- SoL Simulator
- GitViz (GH)
- Simple script to make animations of a Git repository file.
- 3D MIDI drum visualizer.
- distr. ray tracer
- School project, distributed ray tracer.
- ASM Minesweeper
- School project, minesweeper written in assembly and WINAPI.
- GUX Fractals
- School project, renders fractals.
- PokiPad & LILIDE
- Moddable text editor for Pokitto, plus a version with LIL interpreter.
- Brutal Sudoku
- Very early (high school) Pascal program for solving sudoku.
- Panda RPG
- Unfinished 3D RPG.
- Chess, high school graduation project.
- Procedural music generator.
- Simple musical instrument controlled with mouse, in Python.
Free (Open-Source) Software and Free Culture
I greatly support free culture,
public domain and information freedom. I enjoy contributing to free culture, mainly by
programming games and creating various art, both of which I contribue to public domain
Here is a list of software I am currently using:
- operating system
- Debian GNU/Linux (ensures free data packages, unlike GNU)
- text editor
- LaTeX, LibreOffice
- Internet Browser
- Waterfox, AdNauseam (blocks and clicks ads), Lynx
- bitmap graphics editor
- GIMP, imagemagick, GMIC
- vector graphics editor
- 3D editor
- video editor
- Blender, ffmpeg
- audio editor
- music editor
- screen recording
- Simple Screen Recorder
In this section I keep files from my old websites.
- This folder holds the many articles I have written, including my study summaries, my transition to Linux, status updates etc.
- This is what the previous website looked like.
The web has been changing over the years. I started at high school with plain HTML, later
added some PHP and CSS. I always made my own graphics and reworked the web several times.
When the PHP code became bloated, I switched over to Wordpress,
and after that to Pelican (the source is still
available here). After that I am
back to HTML. The circle is complete.
This page is released under CC0 1.0.